1. Sit on a bench or sturdy chair and ensure that your back is in contact with the back of the bench/chair
2. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and bring them up to rest at shoulder height with one either side of your head, your palms facing forwards, and your elbows bent at a 90-degree angle
3. Exhale as you drive the weight upwards until the dumbbells are fully extended above your head, bringing them together will increase the range of motion (be sure to keep a very slight bend in your elbows throughout the entire exercise)
4. Form check to make sure your elbows are more or less in line with your ears
5. Control the lowering portion of the exercise bringing the dumbbells back to the starting position
The primary muscles used in the Seated Dumbbell Overhead Press are the Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Chest.