Alternating Dumbbell Lunges
How to do Alternating Dumbbell Lunges
1. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and allow them to rest next to your thighs with your palms facing inwards
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart
3. With your chosen leg (the chosen one!) take a reasonably large step forward
4. Allow this leg to take the majority of the weight as you lower your body towards the ground. Try to keep your chest and back upright, with your eyes looking straight ahead
5. When your chosen leg bends at a 90-degree angle, briefly pause before driving through your forward heel and returning to the starting position
What muscles do Alternating Dumbbell Lunges work?
The primary muscles used in Alternating Dumbbell Lunges are the Hamstrings and Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Glutes and Hip Flexors.