1. Carefully load the barbell onto your shoulders, keeping a firm grip with your hands on either side throughout the entire motion
2. Stand in front of a sturdy, gym box or bench so that the top barely touches the backs of your knees
3. Place your feet about shoulder-width apart with your toes very slightly pointing outwards
4. Brace your core and inhale as you lower your body, bending at the knees. Be sure to keep your chest upright and your eyes forward
5. Once your glutes barely touch the box, briefly pause before exhaling and driving back upwards at a controlled speed using your quadriceps and glutes while bringing your hips forward
The primary muscles used in Barbell Box Squats are the Glutes and Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Hamstrings.