Barbell Clean and Press
How to do the Barbell Clean and Press
1. Place the barbell on the floor just in front of you and stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a very slight bend at the knee
2. Keeping your back straight and neck in line with your spine, squat down and take a firm, overhand grip of the barbell with your hands placed at about shoulder-width apart
3. Explosively drive your feet into the floor and bring the barbell up and along the front of your body
4. Continue with the momentum generated allowing the barbell to travel upwards and begin to bend at the elbow as well as shrug your shoulder to bring the barbell up to shoulder height with a flick of the wrist
5. Once the barbell rests in front of your shoulders, pause briefly before driving the weight up and above your head
6. Continue pushing the barbell upwards until it is fully extended above your head and your palms are now facing forward (be sure to keep a very slight bend in both your elbows and knees throughout the entire motion)
What muscles does the Barbell Clean and Press work?
The primary muscles used in Barbell Clean and Press are the Chest, Lower Back, Middle Back/Lats, and Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Biceps, Glutes, Quads, and Triceps.