1. Place the barbell on the floor just in front of you and stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a very slight bend at the knee
2. Keeping your back straight and neck in line with your spine, squat down and take a firm, overhand grip of the barbell with your hands placed at about shoulder-width apart
3. Explosively drive your feet into the floor and bring the barbell up and along the front of your body
4. Continue with the momentum generated allowing the barbell to travel upwards and begin to bend at the elbow as well as shrug your shoulder to bring the barbell up to shoulder height with a flick of the wrist
5. The barbell should rest in front of your shoulders, pause briefly before returning back to the starting position
The primary muscles used in Barbell Cleans are the Middle Back/Lats and Traps. The secondary muscles used are the Biceps.