1. Lay on your back on an elevated workout bench so that your body runs perpendicular with the bench
2. Begin by having your glutes placed on the floor, with a barbell running across your pelvis. Using a rolled up towel will keep the barbell from causing discomfort
3. Take a firm grip of the barbell either side of your hips
4. As you exhale, drive through your heels and raise your glutes off the floor bringing your hips upwards to an elevated position
5. Tense your glutes when you reach the top position, there should be a straight line from your knees all the way to your shoulders
6. Inhale and slowly lower your body back down to the starting position
The primary muscles used in Barbell Glute Bridges/Hip Thrusts are the Glutes and Hamstrings. The secondary muscles used are the Hip Flexors and Quads.