How to do Barbell Lunges
1. Carefully load the barbell onto your shoulders, keeping a firm grip with your hands on either side throughout the entire motion
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart
3. With your chosen leg (the chosen one!) take a reasonably large step forward
4. Allow this leg to take the majority of the weight as you lower your body towards the ground. Keep your chest and back upright, with your eyes looking straight ahead
5. When your chosen leg bends at a 90-degree angle, briefly pause before driving through your forward heel and returning to the starting position
What muscles do Barbell Lunges work?
The primary muscles used in Barbell Lunges are the Hamstrings and Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Glutes and Hip Flexors.