1. Place a loaded barbell on the floor
2. Take an overhand grip of the barbell slightly wider than shoulder-width apart
3. Fully extend your legs out so that only your toes and/or balls of your feet touch the floor
4. Keeping your back nice and straight, brace your core and lower your chest towards the barbell by bending your elbows, keeping them close to your sides as you do so
5. When your chest gets to about 1 inch from the barbell, hold the position briefly before pushing yourself back up to the starting position, ensuring your back remains straight throughout the entire motion
The primary muscles used in Barbell Push Ups are the Chest. The secondary muscles used are the Shoulders and Triceps.