1. Place the barbell on the floor just in front of you
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed between 125% and 150% of your shoulder-width apart with your toes pointing outwards at a 45-degree angle
3. Keeping your back straight and neck in line with your spine, bend forwards at the hip while simultaneously bending at the knee to get down low enough to grasp the barbell in either an overhand grip or a staggered grip
4. Keeping your arms straight, allow your hips and shoulders to drive upwards together while keeping your back and neck in line
5. Bring the barbell along the line of your body throughout the entire motion until you reach a tall, strong, top position
6. Lightly tense your glutes at this top position, the barbell should now be resting on your upper thighs
The primary muscles used in Sumo Deadlifts are the Glutes and Lower Back. The secondary muscles used are the Hamstrings and Quads.