1. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a slight bend at the knee
2. Take a firm grip of the barbell, with your hands in an overhand grip slightly narrower than shoulder width apart
3. Hold the barbell overhead with your arms fully extended, your biceps should be roughly in line with your ears and you palms should be facing forwards
4. Bend at the elbow ensuring that your upper arms remain fixed in place, and lower the barbell behind your head until your arms are bent at a 90-degree angle
5. Using only your triceps, extend your arms driving the barbell back up to the overhead starting position
The primary muscles used in Barbell Overhead Tricep Extensions are the Triceps.