1. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and allow them to rest next to your thighs with your palms facing inwards
2. Place your feet slightly narrower than shoulder-width apart with a slight bend at the knee
3. Pivot forward at the hips, bringing your torso down towards the floor, until it almost runs parallel to the floor. A slight angle is fine, but your postural goal is to create a straight line from the top of your head, down through your neck, along your spine to your lower back
4. Keeping that same slight bend at the knee, extend the dumbbells straight down towards the floor. This is the starting position
5. By contracting the muscles in your upper and middle back, bring the dumbbells up towards your chest, allowing your elbows to run closely past your body
6. Aim to bring your elbows slightly past the level of your ribcage before briefly pausing, and then lowering back to the starting position
The primary muscles used in Bent Over Dumbbell Rows are the Middle Back/Lats. The secondary muscles used are the Biceps.