1. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and allow them to rest next to your thighs with your palms facing inwards
2. Place your feet slightly narrower than shoulder-width apart with a slight bend at the knee
3. Pivot forward at the hips, bringing your torso down towards the floor, until it almost runs parallel to the floor. A slight angle is fine, but your postural goal is to create a straight line from the top of your head, down through your neck, along your spine to your lower back
4. Keeping that same slight bend at the knee, extend the dumbbells straight down towards the floor. This is the starting position
5. By contracting the muscles in your upper back, bring the dumbbells out and away from the centre line of your body, keeping a very slight bend in the elbow
6. Aim to bring the dumbbell up to the same height as your shoulders before briefly pausing, and then lowering back to the starting position
The primary muscles used in Bent Over Reverse Flyes are the Middle Back/Lats and Traps.