1. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and allow them to rest next to your thighs with your palms facing inwards
2. Place your feet slightly narrower than shoulder-width apart with a slight bend at the knee
3. Pivot forward at the hips, bringing your torso down towards the floor, until it almost runs parallel to the floor. A slight angle is fine, but your postural goal is to create a straight line from the top of your head, down through your neck, along your spine to your lower back
4. Keeping that same slight bend at the knee, bring your elbows up to the outsides of your ribcage with the dumbbells hanging towards the floor, there should be a 90-degree bend in your arms. This is the starting position
5. By pivoting at the elbow, extend the dumbbells back towards the sides of your glutes until your arms are fully extended along your body
6. Briefly pause, flexing the triceps slightly, before lowering the dumbbells back down in a controlled manner
The primary muscles used in Bent Over Tricep Kickbacks are the Triceps.