Bulgarian Split Squats
How to do Bulgarian Split Squats
1. Standing roughly 2 feet in front of a sturdy chair or bench, take a firm grip of the dumbbells and allow them to rest next to your thighs with your palms facing inwards
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a slight bend at the knee
3. Lift one leg and place the top of your foot, facing downwards, on the chair or bench. Make sure your ankle joint is roughly in line with the edge
4. Exhale and bend the front leg lowering your whole body downwards, keep your core braced, your body upright and facing forward; all while maintaining balance using your back foot
5. Allow your leading thigh to become parallel to the floor, before driving back upwards at a controlled rhythm
What muscles do Bulgarian Split Squats work?
The primary muscles used in Bulgarian Split Squats are the Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Hamstrings.