Clap Push Ups
How to do Clap Push Ups
1. Place your hands flat on the floor slightly wider than shoulder width apart
2. Fully extend your legs out so that only your toes and/or balls of your feet touch the floor
3. Keeping your back nice and straight, brace your core and lower your chest towards the floor by bending your elbows, keeping them close to your sides as you do so
4. When your chest gets to about 1 inch from the floor, hold the position briefly before explosively pushing yourself back upwards, ensuring your back remains straight throughout the entire motion
5. As your hands leave the floor, bring them to the centre and clap* before catching yourself in the starting position, cushioning the landing with slightly bent elbows *Gradually work up to a clap by first aiming to simply come 1 or 2 inches off the ground without clapping.
What muscles do Clap Push Ups work?
The primary muscle used in Clap Push Ups is the Chest. The secondary muscles used are the Shoulders and Triceps.