Dumbbell Curls to Overhead Press
How to do the Dumbbell Curls to Overhead Press
1. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and allow them to rest next to your thighs with your palms facing inwards
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a slight bend at the knee
3. Bring the dumbbells upwards in a curling motion by contracting your biceps. Be sure to rotate at the wrist so that your palms face upwards as soon as they pass your leg line, keeping your elbows in a fixed position at your sides
4. When the dumbbells reach the top position, which should be close to your front shoulders, rotate your wrists back forwards as you drive the weight up and above your head
5. Continue driving upwards while rotating your wrists until the dumbbells are fully extended above your head and your palms are now facing forward (be sure to keep a very slight bend in both your elbows and knees throughout the entire motion)
6. Form check to make sure your elbows are more or less in line with your ears
7. Reverse the motion by rotating your wrists and lowering the dumbbells back down to the starting position
What muscles does the Dumbbell Curls to Overhead Press work?
The primary muscles used in the Dumbbell Curls to Overhead Press are the Biceps and Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Chest and Traps.