Downward Dog Shoulder Presses
How to do Downward Dog Shoulder Presses
1. Place your hands flat on the floor slightly wider than shoulder width apart
2. Fully extend your legs out so that only your toes and/or balls of your feet touch the floor
3. Walk your feet towards your hands while simultaneously elevating your glutes upwards until you’re in a downward-dog position, resting on the balls of your feet and your outspread hands. This is the starting position
4. Lower your upper body down to the ground, allowing your knees to bend slightly as you do so, until your forehead hovers an inch from the floor
5. Hold the position briefly before using your shoulders and upper chest to push yourself back into the starting position
What muscles do Downward Dog Shoulder Presses work?
The primary muscles used in Downward Dog Shoulder Presses are the Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Chest.