Dumbbell Bench Flyes
How to do Dumbbell Bench Flyes
1. Lay on a flat bench, with your feet planted firmly on the floor and make sure your back is in line and in contact with the bench
2. Using an overhand grip, hold a dumbbell in each hand directly above your chest with your palms facing inwards
3. Inhale as you slowly lower the dumbbells away from the centerline. You should have a very slight bend in your elbows as you lower
4. Continue to lower until you feel a full extension in your chest, your elbows should very slightly pass the line of your body
5. Briefly pause before exhaling as you drive the dumbbells back up towards the centerline by contracting the muscles in your chest. Just like hugging a barrel or a thick tree
6. Bring them close together and aim to flex a little as you reach the centerline
7. You’re going to be so great at giving hugs
What muscles do Dumbbell Bench Flyes work?
The primary muscles used in Dumbbell Bench Flyes are the Chest.