1. Place your feet about shoulder-width apart with your toes pointing forwards
2. Take a firm grip of both dumbbells and allow them to rest on the front of your thighs with a slight bend at the knee
3. Explosively drive your feet into the floor as you bring the dumbbells up and along the front of your body
4. Begin to bend at the elbow as well as shrug your shoulder to bring the dumbbells up to shoulder height with a flick of the wrist
5. Once the dumbbell rests in front of your shoulder, pause briefly before lowering back down to the starting position
The primary muscles used in the Dumbbell Clean are the Middle Back/Lats and Traps. The secondary muscles used are the Biceps.