1. Lay on a workout mat or training surface, with your feet planted firmly on the floor and your knees bent so that they are pointing upwards
2. Using an overhand grip, hold a dumbbell in each hand directly above your chest
3. Inhale as you slowly lower the dumbbells towards your chest. The dumbbells should naturally part as they’re lowered
4. Continue to lower until you feel a full extension in your chest, your elbows should lightly touch the floor by your sides
5. Briefly pause before exhaling as you drive the dumbbells back up and above your chest by contracting the muscles in your chest
6. Allow them to, once again, come close together and aim to flex a little as you reach the top of the extension
The primary muscles used in the Dumbbell Floor Press are the Chest. The secondary muscles used are the Triceps.