1. Lay on a flat bench, with your feet planted firmly on the floor and make sure your back is in line and in contact with the bench
2. Using an overhand grip, hold a dumbbell in each hand directly above your chest with your palms facing inwards
3. Inhale as you slowly lower the dumbbells towards your chest. The dumbbells should naturally part as they’re lowered
4. Continue to lower until you feel a full extension in your chest, your elbows should pass directly next to your rib cage and slightly pass the line of your body
5. Briefly pause before exhaling as you drive the dumbbells back up and above your chest by contracting the muscles in your chest
6. Allow them to, once again, come close together and aim to flex a little as you reach the top of the extension
The primary muscles used in the Dumbbell Hammer Bench Press are the Chest. The secondary muscles used are the Triceps.