1. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and allow them to rest next to your thighs with your palms facing inwards
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart
3. With your leading leg take a reasonably large step forward
4. Allow this leg to take the majority of the weight as you lower your body towards the ground. Try to keep your chest and back upright, with your eyes looking straight ahead
5. As your body lowers, bring the dumbbells upwards in a curling motion by contracting your biceps. Be sure to keep your palms facing inwards with your elbows in a fixed position at your sides
6. When your chosen leg bends at a 90-degree angle, briefly pause before driving through your forward heel, slowly lowering the dumbbells, and returning to the starting position
The primary muscles used in Dumbbell Lunge Hammer Curls are the Biceps and Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Glutes and Hamstrings.