1. Take a firm grip of a dumbbell with either both hands wrapped around the middle of the bar, or one hand firmly gripping each plate on the sides
2. Hold the dumbbell slightly out in front of you, with a decent bend at your elbow
3. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart 4. With your chosen leg (the chosen one!) take a reasonably large step forward
5. Allow this leg to take the majority of the weight as you lower your body towards the ground
6. As you lower, rotate your upper body so that the dumbbell passes over the top of your chosen (leading) leg
7. Briefly pause before driving through your forward heel, twisting back to face forward, and returning to the starting position
The primary muscles used in Dumbbell Lunges Twists are the Hamstrings and Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Abs and Glutes.