1. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a slight bend at the knee
2. Take a firm grip of two dumbbells, and hold them close in front of your shoulders with your palms facing forwards
3. Squat by bending at the knee until your legs reach a squat (if these are too challenging, a partial squat will do!) and then exhale as you explosively drive your feet into the floor and push the dumbbells up and overhead
4. Aim to almost fully extend your legs as the dumbbells are extended overhead
5. Control the lowering phases as you inhale, once again bending at the knees and bring the dumbbells back to shoulder height
The primary muscles used in Dumbbell Thrusters are the Quads and Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Glutes and Triceps.