1. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart
2. With your chosen leg (the one that makes all the decisions) take a big step outwards to the side and away from your centre line
3. Lower yourself by bending the chosen leg to a 90-degree angle while driving your hips back
4. Reach your hands forward to touch the floor with your fingertips
5. Push back off the chosen leg, driving yourself upwards, and bring your feet back to the starting position
The primary muscles used in Lateral Lunges to Floor Touch are the Hamstrings and Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Glutes and Hip Flexors.