1. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart
2. With your chosen leg (it can be either your right leg or your left leg) take a reasonably large step forward
3. Allow this leg to take the majority of the weight as you lower your body towards the ground. Try to keep your chest and back upright, with your eyes looking straight ahead
4. When your chosen leg bends at a 90-degree angle, briefly pause before driving through your forward heel explosively aiming to push your body upwards 5. In mid air, switch the position of your legs so that they land oppositely to the take off
6. Bent your knees to cushion the landing and allow your body to lower and recharge
The primary muscles used in Jump Lunges are the Hamstrings and Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Glutes and Calves.