Kneeling Barbell Squats
How to do Kneeling Barbell Squats
1. Carefully load the barbell onto your shoulders, keeping a firm grip with your hands on either side throughout the entire motion
2. Place your feet about shoulder-width apart with your toes very slightly pointing outwards
3. Carefully lower your body down so that you are now in a kneeling position, on the floor, with your glutes resting on the heels of your feet
4. Brace your core, keeping your torso upright and exhale as you drive through your quadriceps to lift your upper body up and away from the floor while keeping your lower legs grounded
5. Once your upper legs hit a vertical angle inhale and lower yourself back down to your heels
What muscles do Kneeling Barbell Squats work?
The primary muscles used in Kneeling Barbell Squats are the Glutes and Hip Flexors. The secondary muscles used are the Quads.