Lateral Dumbbell Lunges
How to do Lateral Dumbbell Lunges
1. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and allow them to rest next to your thighs with your palms facing inwards
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart
3. With your chosen leg (the one that makes all the decisions) take a big step outwards to the side and away from your centre line
4. Lower yourself by bending the chosen leg to a 90-degree angle while driving your hips back, one dumbbell should naturally lower each side of your chosen leg
5. Push back off the chosen leg, driving yourself upwards, and bring your feet back to the starting position
What muscles do Lateral Dumbbell Lunges work?
The primary muscles used in Lateral Dumbbell Lunges are the Hamstrings and Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Glutes and Hip Flexors.