1. Lay on a soft surface or yoga mat
2. Stretch both arms out either side of you, creating a giant ‘T’ shape
3. Raise one of your knees up towards you until your thigh runs perpendicular to your body
4. While keeping your shoulders in contact with your mat, gently roll it over to the opposite side, allowing it to slowly make its way towards the ground
5. You should feel the stretch along the sides of your upper body and lower back
The primary muscles stretched in the Lying Spinal Twist are the Lower Back and Middle Back/Lats. The secondary muscles stretched are the Chest.