1. Place the barbell on the floor just in front of you
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a very slight bend at the knee
3. Keeping your back straight and neck in line with your spine, bend forwards at the hip and reach forward to grasp the barbell in either an overhand grip. This is the starting position
4. By contracting the muscles in your upper and middle back, bring the barbell up towards your chest, allowing your elbows to run closely past your body
5. Aim to bring your elbows slightly past the level of your ribcage before briefly pausing, and then lowering back to the starting position
The primary muscles used in Pendlay Rows are the Middle Back/Lats. The secondary muscles used are the Biceps.