1. Stand tall with your feet planted firmly on your workout mat with them placed shoulder-width apart
2. Take a large step forward with your right leg into a lunge and allow your left knee to come all the way down to the ground
3. Place both hands on the floor on either side of your right foot
4. Gradually lower your right knee outwards to the side as your shin makes its way to the ground (ideally your shin should run perpendicular to your body, however, this takes time and patience. Begin as close to this as comfortably possible), your left leg should gradually fully rest on the floor and point directly out behind you
5. Square off your hips and bring your torso down above the shin allowing the stretch to run allowing your right glute
The primary muscles stretched in the Pigeon are the Abs and Glutes. The secondary muscles stretched are the Hip Flexors.