How to do the Puppy Stretch
1. Begin on your knees on your yoga mat or workout surface
2. Bring your feet together, side by side, but aim to bring your knees to about hip-width apart
3. Pivot forward bringing your chest down towards the mat resting your torso comfortably between your thighs
4. Keep your glutes elevated, so that you experience a nice stretch in your spine. Your hamstrings should run almost vertically
5. Reach your arms out and in front of you, so that your fingertips are as far from your body as possible
What muscles does the Puppy Stretch target?
The primary muscles stretched in the Puppy Stretch are the Chest and Shoulders. The secondary muscles stretched are the Lower Back and Middle Back/Lats.