1. Place two dumbbells on the floor at about shoulder-width apart, and turn them so they’re running parallel to the length of your body
2. With your knees grounded, get into position by taking a firm grip of each dumbbell, and extend your legs out behind you, placing your feet hip-width apart
3. When ready, elevate your body into the plank position, with only your toes/balls of your feet touching the floor
4. Maintain a strong, straight back with your head and neck in a neutral position
5. Gradually transfer the weight to one side as you lift the opposing dumbbell in a rowing fashion by contracting your middle and upper back
6. Keep your working arm close to your body while holding your core solid and strong
7. Bring the dumbbell to just below chest height before briefly pausing and then lowering back down to the floor
The primary muscles used in Renegade Rows are the Middle Back/Lats. The secondary muscles used are the Abs and Biceps.