1. Lay on a workout mat or training surface, with your feet planted firmly on the floor and your knees bent so that they are pointing upwards
2. Place the resistance band behind you at about the same level as your chest and loop your hands through the band ends with an overhand grip
3. Straighten your arms and hold the band ends directly above your chest
4. Inhale as you slowly lower the ends of the band towards your chest. Your hands should naturally part as they’re lowered
5. Continue to lower until you feel a full extension in your chest, your elbows should lightly touch the floor by your sides
6. Briefly pause before exhaling as you drive the resistance back up and above your chest by contracting the muscles in your chest
7. Allow them to, once again, come close together and aim to flex a little as you reach the top of the extension
The primary muscles used in the Resistance Band Floor Press are the Chest. The secondary muscles used are the Shoulders and Triceps.