1. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a very slight bend at the knee, on the center of the resistance band
2. Take a firm grip of the ends of the band with your palms facing towards you
3. Bring the ends of the band up to your shoulder level and hold it sturdy with your palms facing forwards
4. Exhale as you drive the weight upwards until your hands are fully extended above your head, bringing them together will increase the range of motion (be sure to keep a very slight bend in both your elbows and knees throughout the entire exercise)
5. Form check to make sure your elbows are more or less in line with your ears
6. Control the lowering portion of the exercise bringing your hands back to the starting position
The primary muscles used in the Resistance Band Overhead Press are the Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Chest.