1. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a very slight bend at the knee, on the center of the resistance band
2. Take a firm grip of the ends of the band with your palms facing towards you
3. Bring the ends of the band up to your shoulder level and hold it sturdy with your palms facing forwards
4. Squat by bending at the knee until your legs reach a half squat (about a 135-degree angle) and then exhale as you explosively drive your feet into the floor and push the ends of the bands up and overhead
5. Aim to almost fully extend your legs as the band ends are extended overhead
6. Control the lowering phases as you inhale, once again bending at the knees and bring the ends of the band back to shoulder height
The primary muscles used in Resistance Band Thrusters are the Quads and Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Chest.