1. Sit on a bench or sturdy chair and ensure that your back is in contact with the back of the bench/chair
2. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and bring them up to rest at shoulder height with one either side of your head, your palms facing towards you, and your elbows tucked in at your sides
3. Rotate your wrists forwards and exhale as you drive the weight up and above your head
4. Continue driving upwards until the dumbbells are fully extended above your head and your palms are now facing forward (be sure to keep a very slight bend in your elbows throughout the entire motion)
5. Form check to make sure your elbows are more or less in line with your ears
6. Reverse the motion by rotating your wrists and lowering the dumbbells back down to the starting position
The primary muscles used in the Seated Arnold Press are the Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Chest.