Side Plank Leg Lifts
How to do Side Plank Leg Lifts
1. Lay on your side on a soft workout surface with your lower elbow and forearm on the floor (running perpendicular with your body), your lower hip resting on the floor and your legs straight out below with one leg on top of the other
2. Your top hand should rest comfortably on your upper hip
3. When ready, brace your core and elevate your lower hip from the floor so that now only your lower elbow, forearm, and the edge of your lower foot are in contact with the floor
4. Using your outer thigh and glute muscles, raise the top leg up and away from your lower leg
5. Keeping that leg straight, aim to reach a 45-degree angle before pausing briefly and lowering to the starting position
What muscles do Side Plank Leg Lifts work?
The primary muscles used in Side Plank Leg Lifts are the Abs and Glutes. The secondary muscles used are the Hip Flexors and Obliques.