1. Place a dumbbell on the floor just in front of you and stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a very slight bend at the knee
2. Keeping your back straight and neck in line with your spine, squat down to collect the dumbbell, taking a firm grip, in one hand
3. Explosively drive your feet into the floor and bring the dumbbell up and along the front of your body
4. Continue with the momentum generated allowing the dumbbell to travel upwards and begin to bend at the elbow as well as shrug your shoulder to bring the dumbbell up to shoulder height with a flick of the wrist
5. Rotate at the wrist so that your palm is now facing inwards, and your elbow is tucked in at your side
6. Exhale as you drive the weight upwards, keeping your palm facing inwards, until the dumbbell is fully extended above your head
The primary muscles used in the Single-Arm Dumbbell Clean to Hammer Press are the Shoulders and Traps. The secondary muscles used are the Biceps and Lower Back.