Single-Arm Dumbbell Clean and Press
How to do the Single-Arm Dumbbell Clean and Press
1. Place a dumbbell on the floor just in front of you and stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a very slight bend at the knee
2. Keeping your back straight and neck in line with your spine, squat down to collect the dumbbell, taking a firm grip, in one hand
3. Explosively drive your feet into the floor and bring the dumbbell up and along the front of your body
4. Continue with the momentum generated allowing the dumbbell to travel upwards and begin to bend at the elbow as well as shrug your shoulder to bring the dumbbell up to shoulder height with a flick of the wrist
5. Once the dumbbell rests in front of your shoulders, pause briefly before driving the weight up and above your head
6. Continue pushing the dumbbell upwards until it is fully extended above your head and your palm is now facing forwards (be sure to keep a very slight bend in both your elbows and knees throughout the entire motion)
What muscles does the Single-Arm Dumbbell Clean and Press work?
The primary muscles used in the Single-Arm Dumbbell Clean and Press are the Lower Back and Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Traps.