Single-Leg Dumbbell Deadlifts
How to do Single-Leg Dumbbell Deadlifts
1. Take a firm, overhand grip of the dumbbells and allow them to rest in front of your thighs
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a very slight bend at the knee
3. Keeping your back straight and neck in line with your spine, lift one leg off the ground while simultaneously bending forwards at the hip allowing your body to lean forward in a controlled manner
4. Your arms should remain straight, as well as your neck and spine; while your elevated leg extends out behind you to help maintain balance
5. Both dumbbells should come within a few inches of the ground before briefly pausing and exhaling as your bring your body back upwards on your grounded leg by using your glutes and lower back
What muscles do Single-Leg Dumbbell Deadlifts work?
The primary muscles used in Single-Leg Dumbbell Deadlifts are the Hamstrings and Lower Back. The secondary muscles used are the Glutes.