1. Place your feet about shoulder-width apart with your toes very slightly pointing outwards
2. Brace your core and inhale as you lower your body, bending at the knees. Be sure to keep your chest upright and your eyes forward
3. Once your knees hit a 90-degree angle, briefly pause before exhaling and driving back upwards at a controlled speed using your quadriceps and glutes while bringing your hips forward
4. As you ascend, lift one fully-extended leg out to the side
5. Bring the extended leg back into the grounded position as you begin the next rep
The primary muscles used in the Squat With Lateral Leg Raise are the Glutes and Quads. The secondary muscles used are the Abs, Calves and Hip Flexors.