Standing Dumbbell Overhead Press
How to do the Standing Dumbbell Overhead Press
1. Take a firm grip of the dumbbells and bring them up to rest at shoulder height with one either side of your head, your palms facing forwards, and your elbows bent at a 90-degree angle
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a slight bend at the knee
3. Exhale as you drive the weight upwards until the dumbbells are fully extended above your head, bringing them together will increase the range of motion (be sure to keep a very slight bend in both your elbows and knees throughout the entire exercise)
4. Form check to make sure your elbows are more or less in line with your ears
5. Control the lowering portion of the exercise bringing the dumbbells back to the starting position
What muscles does the Standing Dumbbell Overhead Press work?
The primary muscles used in the Standing Dumbbell Overhead Press are the Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Chest.