Standing Barbell Overhead Press
How to do the Standing Barbell Overhead Press
1. Take a firm grip of the barbell with your hands placed about shoulder-width apart, and bring it up to rest at shoulder height with your palms facing forwards, with your elbows bent at a 90-degree angle
2. Stand tall and strong with your feet placed about shoulder-width apart and a slight bend at the knee
3. Exhale as you drive the weight upwards until the barbell is fully extended above your head, (be sure to keep a very slight bend in both your elbows and knees throughout the entire exercise)
4. Form check to make sure your elbows are more or less in line with your ears
5. Control the lowering portion of the exercise bringing the barbell back to the starting position
What muscles does the Standing Barbell Overhead Press work?
The primary muscles used in the Standing Barbell Overhead Press are the Shoulders. The secondary muscles used are the Chest.